Save a Life. Help Our Hospital.
Make an appointment to donate blood by calling 718-630-8900. You will help Lutheran maintain adequate supplies of blood for our patients and for use during emergency situations.
- There are three types of blood donations at Lutheran:
- Allogeneic is a general donation made for anyone
- Autogeneic is saving blood for oneself
- Directed is made by someone for a friend or family member
- The entire donation process including paperwork and recovery takes about one (1) hour.
- It is not possible to acquire any disease through the donation process.
- Most healthy individuals who weigh 110 lbs. or more, ages 17 to 76* who have never had hepatitis are good candidates to give blood. For more detailed eligibility information call us at 718-630-8900.
- A healthy donor can donate blood every 56 days.
- Unlike national blood centers, your blood donations stay right here in Brooklyn and will truly help your friends and neighbors.
* Medical Clearance from a physician is required after your 76th birthday
How to Donate Blood at Lutheran Medical Center
Blood donations, by appointment or walk-ins are welcome, at the Lutheran Medical Center Blood Donation Center. The hours for blood donations are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call today for an appointment, 718-630-8900 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.