The Clinical Research Office has the primary goal of promoting research and other scholarly activities in Lutheran HealthCare's residency programs. Its main function is to educate residents in design and implementation of research studies, data collection and analysis, presentation of research findings and submission of research for publication. This is accomplished through lectures, audiovisual presentations, and specialized mentoring. In addition, the Clinical Research Office supports clinical trials and grant-funded research taking place throughout Lutheran HealthCare. The Clinical Research Office provides the following services:
- Support for residents and faculty in all phases of their research projects, including literature review, research design, statistical data analysis, writing, project management, presentation at national meetings, and publication of articles.
- Support in medical informatics.
- Design, editing, formatting and printing of posters for conference presentation.
- Guidance for critiquing research literature in resident journal club presentations and for translating research into clinical practice.
- Maintenance of a library of relevant research literature on such topics as research methodology and proposal writing.
- Administrative support for Lutheran HealthCare's Institutional Review Board (research ethics committee).
- Host of the annual Research Fair and Resident Research Awards Competition.
For more information about research activities at Lutheran HealthCare, please call 718-630-6332 or 718-630-7487, or email firstname.lastname@example.org