||DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
We are currently seeking a full time Physician Assistant to provide care to inpatients and outpatients of the Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation. As a member of this dynamic team, you will follow established standards, procedures, and practices, and give specific patient care directions to nursing and other depts.
• Assessing and diagnosing patients utilizing a problem-solving approach
• Participating in rounds with the attending staff and/or with the staff physicians and house staff
• Documenting all patient encounters
• Performing emergency life-saving procedures in the absence of a physician
• Maintaining required unit records, reports, and statistics for administrative purpose/reimbursement
• Providing preventive health services including counseling and teaching in problem-related areas
• Assisting in the evaluation and instruction of P.A students
• Fostering professional growth and maintenance of certification
• Performing other related duties as necessary
•Critical management experience preferred.
EDUCATION: BACHELORS REQUIRED
•Must be a graduate from an accredited PA program.
•NCCPA Certification required within one year of employment.
•DEA Certification required upon hire or must obtain certification within thirty- (30) days of employment.
•Attention to detail and good communication skills
•ACLS within one year