June 10, 2013, Brooklyn, NY… The Lutheran Medical Center Auxiliary recently held their 43rd annual fundraising luncheon where they announced a $60,000 donation to the medical center. The event was attended by over 200 people and featured great food, raffle prizes and fun for all.
The funds will be used toward the purchase of a trauma airway cart, a device that carries advanced equipment to assist anesthesiologists to stabilize patients with traumatic abnormalities during operations. Hospital officials will also use the donated funds to purchase a device known as a bronchoscope tower, which gives doctors a clear video view of a patient's airways.
Over the years, Lutheran's auxiliary has donated over $2 million to support the renovation of the surgical waiting area, the Emergency Department and recovery rooms, as well as the expansion of the Intensive Care Unit, an orthopedic fracture table, a cardiac monitoring system for the Telemetry Unit, a new ambulance and much more. Funds are raised through the auxiliary gift shop, annual luncheon, special sales and other events.
The Lutheran Medical Center Auxiliary is an integral part of the LMC family. Started in 1906, the auxiliary supports the work of the medical center through service-oriented projects and fundraising activities. The men and women of the auxiliary are dedicated to serving patients and their families, supporting medical center staff, helping with community relations, providing health services information and fundraising to support services for patients. For more information on the LMC Auxiliary, please call 718-630-7296.
Photo caption: Claudia Caine, EVP and hospital director/COO, is seen here accepting the check from Auxiliary President Margherita Clemento, and Lynna Scott Carnegie, director, Volunteer Services.